Saturday, May 31, 2008

Love for Women

Pizza's quite popular her in Korea, with several big Korean pizza chains located all across the country. Four or five of them are within a 3 minute walk of my apartment, so I finally cracked and went to one to check it out.
Mr. Pizza is probably the biggest of the chains, and it is marketed mainly at women, although I'm not sure why that is. In the top left corner of the box, you can see their slogan, "Love for Women," although I can't figure out what they're trying to say. Anyways, Mr. Pizza is the only one I could find an English website for, so I decided to try them first. I went to pick one up and it was about $17 for one large Mr. Pizza special. I waited about 15 minutes and then they finally brought my pizza out. I was really hungry, so I was looking forward to devouring it. Except it wasn't ready yet. Apparently they still had to wrap it with those pretty bows. I didn't know how to tell them that it wasn't necessary, and I don't think they get foreigners in that branch very often, so I didn't want to hurt their feelings.
The verdict: two thumbs up. I had very low expectations for the pizza in Korea, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

No comments: