Thursday, June 05, 2008

Korean Yoga

The city has a community centre right near my apartment so I've started taking a yoga class there. I go twice a week for about an hour and fifteen minutes a session. Yeah it's me and about 25 Korean housewives. I'm the only guy and the only foreigner in the class. And it turns out a 6'1", 190 lb. Canadian man is not quite as flexible as a 5'2", 90 lb. Korean woman. This often gives the ladies quite a laugh when I'm unable to bend my body into a pretzel.
The class is about 45 minutes of extreme discomfort and about 30 minutes of death. However, I feel really good once the class is over (probably because the pain has subsided).

1 comment:

Ablefish said...

Seriously, shouldn't you be learning Starcraft or something?

How do you keep the farts in for 75 minutes? I always found that the hardest part of yoga.