Sunday, October 31, 2010

Buryeong Valley

On Friday I took the bus a couple of hours down the coast to the small town of Uljin. There I caught a city bus about 20km inland to Buryeong Temple, which unfortunately, was under renovation.
The area is famous for Buryeong Valley, which is a beautiful stretch of river that heads back to the coast. Because there is no hiking trail that follows the river, I decided to just walk back down the road to town, figuring this would give me the best views.
The weather wasn't with me, though, as it was cloudy with a few sprinkles throughout the day. This was great for walking, but horrible for the pictures of the mountains. I saw these wildflowers on the side of the road when I stopped to take a picture of the river.
Although I would have preferred to have been able to walk the whole way along the river, the advantage was that the river was almost completely untouched.
There are lots of persimmon trees in the area, so one of the houses had strung a bunch up to dry.

No comments: