Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year!

I had a fantastic time in Hong Kong. Although the weather wasn't great (cloudy with highs around 15 degrees most of the time), it's a very interesting city.
We ended up going downtown on New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks. They had 7 or 8 of the big buildings in Central (the main downtown area) rigged up with fireworks, so they were shooting them off the sides and tops of the buildings. It was pretty neat to see, but very brief. I think it was only about 10 minutes long.
I wasn't looking forward to coming back to Korea because I knew it would be freezing, but I got home yesterday morning at about 8:30. It was very cold and cloudy but dry. Within half an hour however, it started snowing like crazy, and within 6 or 7 hours we had about 25cm of snow. The roads were terrible and so my first two classes were cancelled, but it was business as usual for my last 4 classes.

No comments: