Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mureung Valley in the Fall

It was supposed to start raining yesterday afternoon, and then continue for the next few days, but it was sunny when I got up so I headed up to Mureung Valley again to check out the fall colours. Because it was Friday and I got up there by about 10am, it wasn't too busy. I headed for Yongchu Waterfall (below) and then made the steep hike up to my favourite place in the park, which is unnamed.
Unfortunately, a Korean couple had beat me there. When I arrived the woman was talking into her cellphone. Koreans seem to have no perception for volume, so they always seem to be talking about ten times louder than they need to. When she finally shut up, the man turned on his radio so they could listen to garbage. That's one of the things that drives me nuts about hiking in Korea - they can't just appreciate the sounds of nature, they've always got to be making noise.
I decided I didn't want to listen to them anymore, so I hiked up the stream another couple hundred metres and sat down for a light lunch. However, I could still hear her yapping occasionally, even over the stream.
As I made my way back to the parking lot, the clouds had started to move in, and unfortunately, due to the position of the sun, I was unable to get any good shots.

No comments: