Saturday, January 03, 2009

Singapore

I had a 6 day break starting the day after Boxing Day, so I cashed in some of my air miles and got a ticket with Singapore Airlines (considered one of the best in the world, definitely better than any of the crappy airlines in NA) to Singapore.
The flight was about 6.5 hours, which is pretty far to go for such a short trip, but I wanted to get far away from the cold of Korea for a few days.
The first picture is of the merlion, which is kind of the symbol of the city. I don't remember the story behind it, but I'm sure it involved sailors and lots of drugs and/or alcohol.
On my third day, I went hiking in Bukit Timah which is a nature reserve made up of a tropical rain forest. On the way back out, I saw this macaque (?) lounging on some guy's fence.
I then strolled around Chinatown, and took this picture of some of the brightly coloured old buildings.

No comments: