Thursday, October 30, 2008

Earthquake!!!!!!

We had an earthquake yesterday morning. I was on the computer when suddenly my apartment started shaking. I had just turned on the boiler to heat the water for my shower and a few seconds later the earthquake hit.
At first I thought the boiler had exploded. It only lasted about 2 seconds and there was no damage to my apartment. However one of my students told me that at his school some of the windows had exploded and glass had fallen on some of the students, but I don't think anyone was injured. Apparently the epicentre was in Buyeo, which is about 50 km away. I don't know how high it was on the Richter Scale.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jas, I have been scouring the net and have not been able to find any reference to this earthquake?????? Did you find out how high it was on the richter scale?
S