Sunday, January 28, 2007

Harajuku

While up in Tokyo over New Years, my buddy Erin and I headed to Harajuku (a shopping area of Tokyo for teens and people in their early 20s) to see what was going on.
We wandered down a side street and passed what I thought was just a group of punks, but Erin recognized one of the guys as being Kid Yamamoto. Kid is a very famous Japanese fighter from Pride (a fighting circuit somewhat similar to Ultimate Fighting in NA).
We chased him down and asked if we could take a picture. He seemed reluctant, but allowed us to anyways. I think he was pretty surprised to be approached by foreigners. Apparently he's a bit of a bad-ass in the ring, but fortunately for him, he was smart enough not to try any moves on us. I would've felt guilty having to embarrass him in front of his friends ;)

No comments: