Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tokyo Festival

Okay, I'm finally catching up with my posting. This will be my last one from when Fudge was here in August.
So after we climbed Fuji, we found a cheap hotel for the night, and then headed into Tokyo first thing in the morning. Because it was Sunday, I wanted to take him to Harajuku to show him all the freaks in the crazy clothing (pictures of this in a previous post).
Anyways, it turned out that there was a big dancing festival in Yoyogi park which was nearby, with groups of up to about 30 people performing on 2 different stages. It was quite entertaining, as they all had very interesting costumes. Afterwards we went and checked out the parade that was happening on Omotesando, which is sort of like a high-end version of Robson Street in Vancouver.
This girl's group was relaxing before they had to dance, so I charmed her into letting us take a picture.

No comments: