Thursday, September 21, 2006

Geishas?

No. They're impostors. They're probably office workers from Tokyo. In Kyoto, there are a few companies that women can go to and get done up like a geisha. They get the clothes, the makeup, the full meal deal. They then spend the rest of the day parading around the temples and posing for pictures. I have no idea how much it costs, but I would guess probably at least $200. There are also places you can go if you just want to get a picture in the studio. I think they're about fifty or sixty bucks. For the guys, in these studios you can dress up like a samurai. Not really my thing, but I might try and sucker Dad into doing it when he comes next week. That'd be good for a laugh.
Fudge decided he needed a picture with them, so he started stalking them and I had to follow along and try and get a shot.

No comments: